Job description – Account Manager:
An exciting opportunity to join our public affairs and public relations consultancy as an Account Manager, to start in March or April 2024. This role sits in the company’s Political Team but would also involve a significant amount of corporate communications exposure and experience. This role requires employees to work from the central London office and may include some level of travel, depending on client demands.
We are looking for a motivated team player who has good English writing skills, political awareness, and knowledge, and with some understanding of international politics. You will play an important role in our team, working with an exciting range of clients supporting the delivery of integrated public affairs, public relations, and communications campaigns. You will have the chance to deal with clients directly and to build relationships with leading UK and international politicians, policymakers, influencers, and senior journalists, as well as work with some of the UK’s most experienced PR and public affairs practitioners.
This role comes with the opportunity to be involved in:
- Political communications, public affairs and related PR
- Corporate communications, campaigns and reputation management
- Crisis management and issues-led campaigns
You will be working on:
- Supporting clients with political strategy and PR campaigns
- Parliamentary monitoring and conducting geopolitical evaluations
- Researching and analysing political developments, creating media and political contacts
- Liaising with journalists
- Speaking to clients and attending client meetings
- Drafting press releases
- Brainstorming and working with clients to create new ideas for news stories
Key skills and experience:
- Good political experience and contacts – either having worked with an MP or in a public affairs role
- Excellent organisation skills and written skills
- Confident verbal communication internally and externally
- Experience in politics, communications, campaigning or PR
Competitive (significant uplift on the candidate’s current pay), depending on experience, with room for promotion outside of annual review, depending on performance.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org